Ways to Ease Menstrual Discomfort Naturally
Once a month, a natural process – menstruation occurs in a pre-menopausal woman’s body that usually brings some physical discomfort. The discomfort could be in the form of pain in the abdomen, headaches or sore muscles.
There are products on the market designed to alleviate some of the discomfort associated with menstruation, but if you prefer a more natural way of dealing with it – there are some tried and true natural methods that may work for you. For example:
- Yoga exercises – The gentle stretching exercises of yoga can help to relax and stretch aching muscles. Deep breathing and meditation are also beneficial.
- Raspberry leaf tea – This tea acts as a diuretic. Drinking it before menstruation can help lessen pain from cramps.
- Diet – Don’t eat heavy, starchy foods during menstruation. Instead, eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Heat – Applying heat (in the form of a heating pad or hot water bottle) will bring relief from cramps.
- Reflexology – A good reflexologist can relieve menstrual cramps and other problems caused by menstruation by applying gentle pressure to certain points on your hands and feet.
- Pomegranate – Essence of Pomegranate can help balance the female organs and bring relief from pain associated from menstruation.
- Ginkgo Biloba – A Ginkgo supplement taken on a regular basis may help relieve menstrual discomfort each month.
- Massage – A gentle back massage can help relieve lower back pain that occurs with menstruation.
- Hydration – Drink plenty of water to help flush out toxins that build up during your period and help relieve discomfort from bloating.
Monthly menstruation in a woman’s body is a natural process. It’s possible to relieve the discomfort associated with this process in a natural manner rather than taking prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications. Explore the above methods to find out which one will work best for you.